Your most frequently asked questions.

This is an employee who, at the request of the employer, temporarily leaves the permanent workplace to perform tasks assigned by the employer to another city or country.

The NEN 4400-2 certificate is recommended for foreign companies operating in the Netherlands. With this certificate, companies declare that they comply with their obligations to employees and the tax authorities of Lithuania and the Netherlands. The certificate shows that the company’s documentation of seconded workers and payroll accounting meet the requirements of migration, labor and tax law. We mediate and help companies obtain this certificate.

No, we do not help to establish companies in foreign countries and we do not advise on this matter, but we can register branches of already existing legal entities in the Netherlands, Finland, Norway.

The secondment of third-country nationals is subject to stricter requirements regarding documentation and working time. Third-country nationals with residence permit or D visa obtained in Lithuania are allowed to work in a foreign country for no longer than 90 days in a 180-day period (requirements may vary depending on the country to which they are posted). If there is a need for an employee to work in a foreign country longer than this term, he must be granted a work permit from that country.

The obligation to pay taxes is determined by double taxation avoidance agreements (DTAA) with foreign countries and other legal acts of Lithuania and foreign countries. Whether your company is required to pay taxes in a foreign country depends on many different factors: what kind of activity you carry out in it, what is the duration of work, what employee documents you have (A1 certificates), what is your contract with the customer and whether you establish a permanent establishment in a foreign country. The situation of each company is individual, so if you doubt whether you must pay certain taxes in a foreign country, consult with us.

Have more questions?

We can provide consultations during an online meeting or live at a place convenient for you – we are flexible and can adapt to your needs.